Monday, April 10, 2006

Tiger Will Dominate This Year

If you watched Tiger Woods play yesterday then you know he's about to take it to another level. All of his swing changes and hard work looks to be paying off. During Sunday's round at Augusta I felt he had the best control of his game from tee to green that I've seen in a long time. Probably not since his first two years on the tour when he completely dominated the golfing world.

What hurt him on Sunday was his putting, which has been his savior while his swing was under construction. He was quoted yesterday saying, "In the final round of a major, it's exactly how you want to hit it, but I absolutely lost it out there on the greens. ... I putted atrociously today. Once I got on the green I was a spazz. This is the most three-putts I've ever had here."

I truly believe that if Tiger had his putter on he would have won. Look at these statistics... He three-putted three times. He missed two eagle putts from inside of 10 feet. He missed three birdie putts -- skimming the edge each time --on the front nine that would have tied him with Mickelson.

I think we're going to be in for a treat this year watching Tiger dominate again.

Don't you agree?

No comments: