Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Golf Cheater Sent Off To Siberia

Now this post might strike a nerve with some of you because I know it does with me. There's nothing worse in golf than someone who cheats on their golf score.

When I was around 13 years old I used to occasionally play golf with my friend and neighbor Todd. He liked to play golf, but rarely practiced to improve his game. I would practice and I was getting better, but I could tell Todd didn't like that I was getting better. I think more importantly he didn't like that I was getting better than him.

Well we were playing one afternoon at Meadowlark Golf Course in Huntington Beach, CA and we were walking off the first green on to the second tee. I told Todd I had a par and he said he had par too. Now I know for a fact that he had a 6, but I didn't say anything. We played the 2nd hole a par 3 and I bogeyed it and Todd said he bogeyed too, but he actually had a double-bogey.

I wouldn't have been as made as I was getting if it weren't for the fact that we placed a $2 bet on the best 9-hole score. Here I am busting my butt to beat him and he continues to give himself scores that he doesn't deserve. I realized that no matter what I scored Todd was always going to score the same or better than me.

So that's when I took out my 7-iron and started to beat the shit out of him until he said he wouldn't cheat anymore. Well that's not exactly what I did, but it was what I was thinking. I was so frustrated that Todd was cheating and he didn't think twice about it.


What should we do with these cheaters? How about we treat them as outcasts and send them off to Siberia?

Do you play golf with someone who's like this? What do you do when they start cheating on their golf score?

No comments: