Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Strength Training Is A Must For Golf

Do you workout and/or lift weights to improve your golf game? The golfer today is becoming much more of an athlete than the golfer of 15 years ago. Tiger Woods is definitely the epitome of a well tuned and oiled machine. He's put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle in the last 5 years to help strengthen his body and a lot of the young blood on the tour are following his lead. Even the veterans on the tour are doing it just to keep themselves on the same level as everyone else.

I've been working out for about 2 years on a regular basis and I can state for a fact that it does make a difference in your golf game. I'm able to swing with less effort and still hit the ball farther than I was 2 years ago, which saves my lower back. For me I used to always have problems with my lower back when I played a lot of golf, but since I've been working out I rarely have a sore back after a round. I've also found that if I've had any kind of layoff from golf it's been much easier to get back into the swing of things without my backing hurt for a couple weeks after going to the range a few times.

There used to be nothing in terms of golf specific workouts available, but today they're very common. One in particular that I've used is by Mike Pedersen, which has been around for a while and has gained tremendous support from the golf community. His program called "
Power Performance Program" has several levels to it from beginner to advance and it's used by all ages of men and women... as well as kids.

You don't need a bunch of expensive equipment to use his program and the website goes into extreme detail on how to perform each exercise, which includes online videos that show you how to perform each exercise. Each level (beginner through advance) has a program of exercises you follow. Each exercise was selected to target the specific muscles used in a golf swing so by performing them you're guaranteed to improve your game... and Mike backs it up with his own guarantee. All of the exercises can be performed in your own home. It's basically a recipe for success. Mike also provides email and phone support if you need to ask him a question.

There are some copy cat sites popping up now, but Mike Perdersen's web site
Golf-Trainer.com is one of a kind.

You should really give it a try because it WILL improve your game.

No comments: