Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Taylormade Ultimate Golf Swing Analysis

I've been in the market for a new swing analysis of my golf swing and during my search I came across TaylorMade's Motion Analysis Technology or MATT. The reason why is because I've gotten stronger and I feel the shafts I'm using may be a little weak. I looked up Maxout Golf again, which is the company I used the last time for my swing analysis, but it didn't look like their technology had changed much compared to what I read on TaylorMade's MATT. I'm not saying they're bad, but it's been about 3 years and I know technology in golf has definitely advanced over that time.

The closest TaylorMade MATT facility to me is in Carlsbad, CA at the Aviara Golf School, which is run by Taylormade Performance Labs. I went through the entire website and I was fascinated by how sophisticated their technology was. The
Motion Analysis Technology (MATT) is like something out of a sci-fi movie. This technology is incredible where you're hooked up with sensors on your body and several high speed cameras record your golf swing. They do all of this so they can generate a computer model of your swing and analyze it from any angle. They keep a database of all the swings they analyze and they can compare your swing to an Ernie Els or Sergio Garcia.

The price for 2 1/2 hours with TaylorMade's MATT swing analyis is $250, which I think is a bargain considering there's nothing like it in the world. TaylorMade has been at the forefront of technology in the golf industry and have yet again set the bar with their Motion Analysis Technology.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: