Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Should I Use A Mallet Or Blade Putter?

I think most of us golfers know that the look and feel of a putter play a big role in our decision of what putter to use. I know this is very much the case for me. I currently play the Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 and love it, but I have my eye on the comparable Yes putter.

Anyway back to the point of this post, which is what putter type should you be using? Should you be using a Mallet Putter or a Blade Putter? Well the answer is it depends. It depends on the kind of putting stroke you have. Most experts say that if you have putting stroke that has an arc then a blade type putter that's heel-shafted and has more toe weight is what you should look for.

If your putting stroke is more straight back and straight through then a putter with a shaft more in line with the center of the putter face is what you should look for. These type of putters are often referred to as face-balanced putters. You can tell if it's a face balanced putter by balancing the putter shaft on your finger and if the face points up then it's a face-balanced putter.

Did this golf tip help you determine the putter for you?

Tags: , , ,

No comments: