Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here's The Golf Course To Play In Maui

I recently had the opportunity to play the Makena South Golf Course on Maui. It is claim to the prettiest golf hole on Maui, which is the par 3 15th hole. We were fortunate to have great weather during our play at the Makena South Golf Course.

The 15th hole tee area is extremely elevated, which provides a breathtaking view of the ocean and the island of Lana'i. I took several pictures from the tee box with the multiple shades of blue and aqua green ocean in the background. The view from the golf tee was like something from a postcard.

The hole measures 188 yards from the back tees and almost plays that yardage with the prevailing tradewinds blowing, but we played it with very little wind and it played almost 2 clubs shorter. The course was in immaculate condition and the greens were a tough read with a lot of undulation. The service was excellent from the proshop to the guys getting our golf cart ready.

This was a great golf experience and one that I won't forget. There were many holes that had great views of the Pacific Ocean and I took in as much of the scenery as I could without slowing play.

I'll definitely be playing the Makena South Golf Course again the next time I'm back in Maui. I highly recommend this golf course to anyone visiting the island of Maui. Have you every played the Makena South or North golf courses? If so I'd like to hear about your golfing experience.

Tag(s): , ,

No comments: