Thursday, January 29, 2009

TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons - The Best Irons Money Can Buy

In my last post I stated that I had ordered a set of the new TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons. Well they came in and I've played 3 rounds with them and all I can say is WOW!

These are by far the best looking irons I've ever hit. They just look solid and they set up beautifully. I first hit them on the range and found myself hitting them about 5-10 yards farther than my Cleveland Reds. The off-center hits were pretty straight and long as well.

My first round I shot 78 and I have to say I was still trying to get use to the difference in length. I couldn't really complain because the ball comes off the face like butter. I struck the ball very well all day, but I was long a few too many times.

In my second round I shot another 78. The front nine I still felt like I was adjusting to the Tour Preferred irons, but on the back nine things started to click. I started to dial the irons in and hit 7 out of 9 greens and shot 36. I was feeling pretty good and couldn't wait to play with them again.

My third round was absolutely awesome. Except for 1 triple-bogey (OB), I played flawless on the front nine shoting 39, but it was on the back nine that I really started to jell with these Tour Preferred's. I hit 8 of 9 greens and shot 33 with 3 birdies and 6 pars for a even par 72.

If you haven't tried hitting these I definitely suggest you go to your local golf shop and hit them... and if you're on the fence about buying them all I can say is what are you waiting for?

No comments: