Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cleveland CG Red Irons As A Gift

I was lucky to receive a new set of Cleveland CG Red irons for Christmas. I've used them a few times and I have to say I'm impressed. I've been using Cleveland irons for 6 years with my last set being the TA2's, which were hard to part with.

At first I wasn't sure about the red insert in the cavity back of the iron, but once you're at address you don't even and see it. The club is very attractive looking at set up and it has nice top line.

The CG Red's are a very solid golf club. They do well with off center hits and they're pretty accurate too. I hit probably hit the CG Red's a couple yards longer than my TA2's, but that wasn't the reason I asked for them for Christmas. These irons are just as workable as the TA2's so I'm looking forward to getting a few more rounds under my belt.

I've always liked Cleveland's irons and I felt the CG Red's were the next step to take because 6 years of technology these days in the golf club industry can make a couple of strokes difference in your game. So I had to hang up my TA2's and put the CG Red's in my bag. I had them shafted with Stiff True Temper Dynamic Gold with Sensicore shafts, which are what I had in my TA2's. I almost went with the Black Gold shafts, and even though I read some nice reviews about these shafts I decided to stick with what has been working.

I did look into the Project X shafts, but I read a lot of mixed reviews on them from other golfers so I didn't want to take the chance.

If you're on the fence about the CG Red's then I hope this helped you in your decision.

No comments: