Thursday, August 09, 2007

How Good Is The Ping Rapture Driver?

I've been in the market for a new driver lately looking to replace my r7 425 Quad TP with a XS Fujikura Speeder. I recently hit the Nike SasQuatch Sumo, Nike SasQuatch Sumo Square, TaylorMade r7 Superquad, TaylorMade Burner, Callaway Big Birtha 454, and Callway Fusion FT-5 at a golf demo day. The one that hit it the straightest was the one that I didn't like... the Nike SasQuatch Sumo Square.

The Ping booth was too long so I didn't get a chance to try the Ping Rapture. I've been doing some research and every review I've read (15) has been excellent. All of the reviewers can't believe how straight and long the driver is compared to their other drivers like the r7, G5, Callaway, etc... I went to Ping's website and read the specs on the club and I'm very impressed.

I've used TaylorMade drivers since the first Burner came out, but the Ping Rapture has really got me curious. Both Bubba Smith and Angel Cabrera on the PGA Tour play the Ping Rapture... and these guys hit it a ton. Who can forgot Angel's 397-yard drive in this year's US Open at Oakmont.

So how good is the Ping Rapture Driver?

If you play the new Ping Rapture then I'd really like to get your opinion. If you know of someone who plays it let me know how they like it.

No comments: