Friday, June 22, 2007

A PGA West Golf Weekend

I'm off to Palm Springs/La Quinta for a weekend of golf. A friend at work puts on a friendly stroke play tournament every year at PGA West. You get a room and all the golf you can play for around $250 a night, which I think is double occupancy. You'll have to check that.

On Saturday we play the Nicklaus Tournament Course and on Sunday we play the TPC Stadium Course. I pretty sure that to play the Stadium Course alone costs around $125 in the summer. Yes it's going to be hot. I checked the weather and it looks like it's going to be between 105 and 115 on the golf course.

I was fortunate to win the tournament a few years back. I happened to have my golf game at it's peak and carded a 75 and 73 (gross) on the Nicklaus and Stadium courses respectively. I hit a lot of 2-irons and fairway woods off the tees because being in the fairway was a must to score well on these courses... particularly the Stadium course.

If you've never played PGA West you should really give it a shot... especially the TPC Stadium Course with their infamous signature hole... the 17th island green.

If you have played at PGA West then let me know how you did and what you thought of the course(s). I'll post my results next week after I get back. Let's hope I can bring my "A" game to the course this weekend.

No comments: