Sunday, August 13, 2006

How To Make A Consistent Golf Swing

Every golfer knows that there's no substitution for practice, but when you do hit golf balls on the range you want to make sure you're doing the right things for your golf swing. There are several things I do or try to do while I'm practicing on the golf range, but I'll only go into one of those in this post.

What I try to visualize is a steel rod going through the top of my head and down through my spin. This is to help me keep my spine angle during my golf swing. When I make a golf swing I'm making sure that I'm rotating on the rod through out the entire swing. This helps me make a full turn on my golf swing and keeps my head in position (not dipping or coming up).

A lot of golfers have a tendency to lose their spine angle during their golf swing, which leads to a lot of inconsistent and poor shots. Being bent over to much creates fat shots and too upright causes thin shots and the dreaded shank.

I've found if I do this then my striking of the golf ball becomes much more consistent and my confidence on the golf course becomes high. I end up hitting more fairways and greens in regulation. I suggest you do this with a golf buddy so he can tell you if you're keeping your spin angle constant.

I hope on the golf range or golf course this golf swing tip helps you drop a few strokes.

Tags: , , ,

No comments: